George Lauro – Founding Partner & CEO
25 years as a technology entrepreneur, operating executive and venture capitalist, including Board Director positions at 7 public and 26 private companies. Former Managing Director & Partner at Wasserstein Perella, a leading Wall Street Private Equity & Leveraged Buyout firm and Partner at US Equity Partners L.P.
Opened Wasserstein Perella’s Silicon Valley VC office in Palo Alto and was head of West Coast technology investing. Led two dozen financings in Silicon Valley companies.
Built several companies from prototype stage to high-value exit (M&A/IPO) and created over $1B of shareholder value. Led & syndicated 34 equity financings, raising over $250M VC/PE for portfolio companies and completed M&A deals exceeding $2B in value. Was IBM’s Managing Director of Technology Commercialization at World HQ. Launched IBM business spinouts from Watson Research Lab in sectors ranging from advanced materials to wireless, artificial intelligence, and natural language man-machine interfaces; some of these ramped to over $1B per year in revenue.
As a grad student at MIT, developed advanced inertial guidance systems for strategic missiles & spacecraft at Draper Laboratory. Attended Brown (BSEE), The Wharton School (MBA) and MIT (grad studies in aeronautical engineering). 23 patents awarded for seminal inventions in semiconductors and energy storage technologies.
Board seats have included:
- Publicly traded Peregrine Semiconductor (Nasdaq:PSMI,silicon on sapphire mixed-signal ICs)
- Publicly traded Software Publishing Corp (Harvard Graphics/NASDAQ:SPC)
- Publicly traded Lightwave Logic (Nasdaq: LWLG, organic polymer high-speed photonics)
- Publicly traded Akeena/Westinghouse Solar (Nasdaq:WES, solar power systems)
- Publicly traded World Energy (OTC:WEGY, hydrogen power systems)
- Inno360 (SAAS platform for accelerating enterprise Open Innovation)
- Euclid Discoveries (model based video compression solution)
- Corista (digital pathology image analytics/collaboration platform)
- ChipX (structured ASICs acquired by GiGoptix)
- Visual Composites (3D printing of complex high temp ceramic components)
- Triscend (configurable embedded processors acquired by Xilinx)
- Qusion (40G Indium Phosphide modulators acquired by Emcore)
- SandCraft (MIPS-based superscalar control plane processors acquired by Raza Micro)
- SmaL Camera (CMOS imagers acquired by Cypress Semiconductor)
- HotRail (terabit switch fabric silicon acquired by Conexant)
- TEAC Aerospace (LBO-digital image recorders acquired by Goodrich